Finally the protest by ABVP on Friday, October 17, ended on a positive note. Delhi University declared to restart the system of re-evaluation of answer sheets which had to be ended last year due to multiple examiner evaluation system. The‘re-evaluation’ system got replaced with‘re-checking’ system where in the students were could exercise this option only in case of totalling error or if any question was not evaluated. Many students complained that they had to waste a whole year because of no option of re-evaluation, supplementary and special chance in exams.
The Delhi University was forced to reach this conclusion because of the demands of numerous representatives, especially DUSU. They protested outside Art’s Faculty for the same. The notice issued by Delhi University on 20th October, contained the following pointers:
1) From now onwards, the answer sheets will be evaluated by only one examiner.
2) Those students who failed in the first year of Four Year Undergraduate Programme (FYUP), and for any reason could not take admission, will be allowed to take re-admission in first year.
3) The last date finalised is 29th October ‘2014 for submission of admission and examination forms.
4) The attendance of such students will be counted from the date of their admission and either college will conduct their Internal Assessment or they will be awarded Internal Assessment marks as per approved procedure by Delhi University.
5) The students will have to submit an undertaking that they will not claim for any loss of teaching and will themselves make-up for the courses already covered.
Further details of procedure of re-evaluation of answer sheets will be declared by the University soon.