Admissions Delhi University University Of Delhi

DU ADMISSIONS-high alert!

du admissions
Written by Juhi Bhatia

Delhi University (DU), for which hundreds of aspirants show a craze for admissions has already begun with its first step towards admissions, with both online and off line procedures on 2nd june, 2014. However, students seem to be more comfortable with the off line procedure since the Day 1 of the procedure landed in a site crash.

Various colleges, from both north and south campus, are available with offline forms, costing Rs.150 for general category and Rs.75 for reserved categories. However, online form fillers gets a benefit, as they avoid standing long hours in queue. The last date for the submission of form is 16th june,2014 after which first cut-off list will be released and the race will begin.

Dyal singh college

Location : Lodhi road ,near JLN stadium

Nearest metro station: JLN stadium

Bus nos.: 623,375,727,588

 

Dyal Singh College owes its origin to the extreme generosity and foresight of Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia. Dyal Singh College was established at Lahore in 1910. After the Partition of India, Dyal Singh College was re-established in Karnal and Delhi. It started functioning in the capital as a constituent College of the University of Delhi in 1959 and was taken over by the University of Delhi as a University maintained institution in 1978. The College Campus of over 11 acres is centrally located on metro map at Lodhi Road in South Delhi, in the vicinity of Lodhi Garden, Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Stadium, India Habitat Centre, India International Centre, CGO Complex and many other institutions of national/international significance. Presently, the College is imparting education to over 4600 students, including foreign students from Afghanistan, Tibet, Bhutan, and Nepal.

Forms, in the college, are available at the main gate counter from 10AM to 1PM. Students can fill up their forms in the vast college campus itself that allows seating for about thousands of students. The ground, lawn and the classrooms are accustomed to a higher strength of students so that the students and their guardians do not have to go home to fill the form, and come back again to for the submission. A room is allotted for the admission procedure of each course, with 3-4 teachers sitting there for helping the students fill their form.

The admission form need to be attested in Patiala House and is to be submitted to the Principal, along with other required documents like mark sheet (both photocopy and original), photographs (at least 5) etc. for their consideration. Once done with the consideration, take half of the work to be completed, the remaining half that stays behind is the payment of fees which can be made by any of the three methods:-

  • Demand Draft
  • Cheque
  • Cash

But if you wish to avoid long hours staying in queue, better opt for demand draft of SBI.

Once you are done with the payment of fees 99% of the work is done. The remaining 1% awaits the generation of fee slip stamped “paid” and signed, this may take from few minutes to hours (not necessary).

Once received the fee slip, feel relaxed and consider yourself lucky because you are a part of DSC (DU)!

Points to remember:

  • Fill up the registration and the admission form with a relaxed mind. Don’t give any chance to mistakes.
  • Carry both blue and black ink pens and fill the form as required.
  • Carry at least 5 photographs to avoid any kind of discrepancy or delay in admission.
  • Do not fill the places that make you confuse. Ask the teacher for guidance.
  • Do check all the important documents required before you leave.
  • Do check map route for metro, as well as bus, as per your convenience.
  • Check regularly the Du website, for all the cut offs as missing one would miss your chance to be a part of DU.

Comments

About the author

Juhi Bhatia

Leave a Comment

Powered by themekiller.com anime4online.com animextoon.com apk4phone.com tengag.com moviekillers.com