Come December, Asmat will be heading back to Soda village, Rajasthan with fresh recruits. Volunteers will be implementing sessions aimed at a variety of socio-civic issues over the course of fourteen days. Head to the link for more details about the program and on how to apply: http://www.asmatindia.org/work-with-us/
The last date to apply is 10th October, 2015.
Asmat is an NGO founded and run by students of Delhi University. It aims to bring about a concrete change at the grassroots level via youth mobilisation. We have adopted a village in rural Rajasthan – Soda, where we have been working on issues of education, governance and sensitisation since October 2013 under the guidance of its Sarpanch, Ms. Chhavi Rajawat who is the first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
We are currently recruiting volunteers for the 2015 Winter Volunteer Program. Students from diverse backgrounds and different educational qualifications will come together to work on development projects in the areas of Menstruation, Sanitation, Civic Awareness, and Non-Academic Education.
The group of volunteers will be living and working in the village over the course of two weeks. This winter, we will be focusing on:
- Working with the women and adolescent girls on menstruation and personal safety.
- Information sessions regarding sanitation with the villagers.
- Sessions regarding government pension schemes and their applicability.
- Sessions with children on health, hygiene, public speaking and gender sensitisation.
Program dates: 12th – 26th December, 2015
Accommodation and food shall be provided at the Sarpanch’s residence at nominal costs. We shall provide food but volunteers to carry their own bedding and any medication that they might need.
Being a part of the program will:
- Lead to a first-hand understanding of issues at the grassroots level.
- Help redefine reality of village life, highlight the problems faced and solution possible, specifically solutions that students can be a part of.
- Give the students an opportunity to dwell upon the field of development and have questions answered by an eminent personality working in the field.
- Being part of a network of like-minded youth and a budding youth organisation.
- Certificate of volunteering given by an NGO registered under the societies registration Act, 1860 and Letter of Recommendation if exemplary work during the program.
- Working towards the development of a village under the guidance of first woman Sarpanch in India with an MBA – great addition to your resume.
- Train Tickets (to Jaipur)
- Cost of bus from Jaipur to Soda
- Living cost and cost for food which will be at very nominal rates.
To apply, you need to be 16 years or older. We require parental approval from for those below 18. We are open to volunteers from any stream or course. However, please note that you will be required to do homework and research and read on various areas you will work on in the village.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Fill this form: APPLICATION FORM (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vB9VgNe0C-UOEmmMj0Vw3CLbSBaPc2TLm3Ozr9GPecw/viewform)
2. Send your CV to email@example.com within 24 hours of submitting the form.
The last date to fill the form is 10th October. If shortlisted, group discussion and personal/Skype interview rounds will follow. A total number of fifteen volunteers will be selected for this program.
In case of any queries, please do not hesitate to contact:
Tushar Singh Bodwal | HR Head, ASMAT | +91 9873388796
Alisha Beotra | HR Team, ASMAT | +91 9711300727
Mail queries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org