Offline Application for Delhi University began on 5th June, and on the first day itself more than 20,000 forms were sold. This is slightly lower than the offline applicants last year which was around 30,000. However the total number of applications from 28th May 2015 till date has reached over 2,00,000 already which is a lot higher than the number of applications last year.
This year offline registrations were opened 8 days after the online registrations. There are 8 registration centres were forms are being sold.
SGTB Khalsa ( the only registration centre in North Campus), Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam, Gargi College, Dyal Singh College, Maharaja Agrasen College, PG DAV College, Rajdhani College and Shyam Singh College.
The last date for application is 15th June 2015, and the tentative date for first cut-off list is 25th June. Considering the rate at which people are registering, we expect them to cross 3,00,000 this year which means almost twice the total number of applications last year. This means that the competition for seats is much greater this year. There are 45,000 seats in Delhi University for undergraduation courses up for grabs. As a result the cut-offs are going to increase again.
Apart from that the number of seats for foreigners has been increases in Delhi University from 2098 last year to 2554 this year.
Here are some pointers that one should know while applying to DU.
- While filling the application form, please double check all the details before submitting as one error can lead to cancellation of your admissions in the later stages. Please note that you cannot fill two forms with the same details.
- Your application will be submitted to all colleges and you do not need to choose specific colleges. However you are still expected to choose preferred courses. We suggest you to fill for all subjects and courses irrespective of your preference in order to be on the safe side.
- All those applying online have the option of paying the fees later or filling the form in parts at different point of time. Please be careful to pay the fees for online application before the last date of application which is 15th June 2015.
- The fees for offline application is same as that of online application. Forms are priced at Rs.100 for General Category and OBC students, for SC/ST category it is priced at Rs.50.
- For those applying for OBC and SC/ST quotas please make sure you have the required document indicating that you are below the creamy layer. Those who wish to apply for ECA quota have different forms and are expected to keep that in mind.
- Offline registrations will begin every day till 15th June 2015 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. It is suggested to go early in the morning as the queue for registration and payment of application fee is huge and one would prefer finishing the entire process at one go and not have to revisit the centre again.
- Your merit will be based on your best of four which must include English or Hindi apart from three other courses.
- If you wish to apply for any other course which you have not studied in your 11th and 12th, 2.5% will be deducted from your best of four. The same is applicable of you do not include the subject you wish to study but do not include it in your best of four. For Example, if someone wants to do Economic (Hons.) and does not include Economics in his/her best of four will still suffer a disadvantage of 2.5%
- Some courses have an additional eligibility criteria . For example for those applying to BA Economics(Hons.) and B.Com (Hons.) must have at least passing marks in Mathematics even if they do not include it in their best of four. Similarly, those applying for Hindi and English honors need to have studied these vocational subject in their 11th and 12th.
- Please remember to print the form before closing the tab as this will be required during the admission process.
Please refer to the image to see the important dates related to DU Admissions.